Suzan is our gracious art show organizer. We accept any type of Starsky & Hutch art, slash or gen, for the show, including originals, limited prints, hand-drawn and computer generated art, crafts, and resales of older art. SHarecon also has a print shop. We can accept your art or print submissions by mail if you’re unable to attend. The con only charges a 5% fee on all sales.
If you have anything SH-related that belongs in the art show, or have questions about the art show and print shop, contact Suzan. We can’t have an art show without art, so let us hear from you.
Art Show/Print Shop Guidelines
- We accept only S&H items but will consider closely-related material.
- We accept new and resale art in good condition. Matted originals and matted single prints go into the Art Show. Multiple prints go into the Print Shop and are sold at preset prices. Prints don’t need to be matted, but for safety, we recommend you package them in plastic and, if possible, use backboards.
- The con takes 5% commission on all sales. We do not charge hanging-fees.
- The Art Show opens at 10:00 AM Friday. You can check your art in anytime during open-hours. The Print Shop sales start at noon on Friday, and ends at noon Sunday.
- If you’re entering items in both the Art Show and the Print Shop, please use two separate Control Sheets (available at the con).
- Before you bring or mail your artwork:
- for the Art Show, put your name (if agenting), the name of the artist (if different from yours), the title of the piece, and the minimum bid on the back of each item for extra safety (the con’s little bid sheets sometimes part company from the piece).
- For the Print Shop, put your name (if agenting), the name of the artist (if different from yours), the title of the prints, and the price on the plastic covering on the front of each copy for sale. Computer labels work well for this.
- Please mail in art in time to arrive no later than Monday, September 23rd. Contact Suzan for the mailing address. Package your art as securely as you can, and we’ll do our best to safely mail the returns. We will deduct return postage from the sales; in case of no sales, we ask you to please reimburse the con.
- If we receive enough art with enough bids, we will hold a separate Art Auction. Art Show items with two bids go to Auction. Single bid items are sold to that bidder. Bids need to be in whole dollar increments.
- We will pay artists and sellers who are at the con, and also write checks for mail-in artists before the con ends. We will mail unsold art and your check for items sold the week after the con.
Since we can’t have an art show otherwise:
BRING ON THE ART!